Gerald M. Robbins Sr. Scholarship Program
The Louisiana Funeral Directors Association (LFDA) Gerald M. Robbins Sr. Scholarship is awarded annually to Louisiana residents attending accredited colleges of Mortuary Science who show high academic achievement as well as community involvement. The Scholarship Committee sets the policies and makes the selections based upon high scholastic standards required of the scholarship beneficiaries. The committee has the discretion to request an interview. The committee will award at least one (1) scholarship to an applicant that has proven financial need.
- Currently enrolled or accepted to an accredited college offering instruction in Mortuary Science or has completed mortuary school and is currently fulfilling the state requirements as an intern.
- Must meet the requirements of the Louisiana State Board of Embalmer and Funeral Directors.
- Must have earned and maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5 in mortuary school during each semester.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum GPA of 2.5 during college.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum GPA of 2.5 during high school.
- Applicants must have earned an ACT score of 20 or higher or proof of successful completion of entrance exam.
- Applicants are not eligible if they have been previously awarded an LFDA Scholarship.
- Applicants NOT selected may reapply for the next annual selection if they still meet the eligibility requirements.
CLICK HERE to download the Scholarship Application
- Formal application, properly filled out. The committee will not be responsible for contacting the applicant to notify him/her that their application is incomplete or lacking information.
- Official transcript from mortuary school.
- High school transcript (or equivalent) and college transcript showing that the applicant received a GPA of 2.5 in high school and college.
- ACT transcript showing that the applicant received a score of 20 or higher or proof of successful completion of entrance exam.
- Proof of outstanding scholastic loan balance(s) (if applicable) or demonstrated financial need.
- Three letters of recommendation from a personal acquaintance, scholastic affiliate (ie: professor), and a Louisiana Funeral Directors Association (LFDA) member.
- A 250-word essay to describe the process used and the experiences you underwent in your decision to enter the funeral service profession. Also, give your perception of the value of the funeral industry.
- Applicants may be contacted for an interview.
Kenan Buchert, Jr.
||Noelani A. Guidry
Boyd "Beau" Mothe, III
||Colton Troy Doucet
Cade J. Landry